Computer Backup Review
IBackup is the most expensive backup company on our list GB per dollar. Their service starts out at 10GB’s for $9.95! However they are currently running a promotion that makes them much more affordable. Right now you can get 100GB’s for the price of 10, 200GBs for the price of 20 and so on and so forth. They are calling the promotion “Enjoy 10 times your storage space at the same price.” IBackup is compatible for Mac’s and PCs and can be divided between an unlimited about of PC’s. This is a nice feature that can be very helpful to work teams and families.
IBackup is more business oriented than other providers offering the basic package of features you would expect from an online backup company, plus things like their API which a business can use to integrate backup into their preexisting software, something that could be very beneficial to your business.
IBackup: Features and Specifications
- Manage Multiple Computers – With IBackup you can manage multiple computer backups from a single IBackup account. So if you want to divide storage between several computers, this can all be done from one computer.
- Setup Wizard – A feature like this can often be overlooked, but it cannot be undervalued. Having a wizard help you setup your software makes life easier.
- Incremental Backups – IBackup allows you to incrementally backup your data so that you do not have to do it all at once, which can really shorten the entire process.
- Bandwidth Throttle – Because incremental backups can really eat up your bandwidth IBackup made it so you can control how much bandwidth the service uses so as not to interrupt your internet usage.
- Backup Oracle, MS Exchange and MS SQL Server – Not many backup providers have the ability to backup many of the essential programs we use that contain important data.
IBackup: Security and Encryption
IBackup takes their security service seriously using not only SSL secured connections and 256-bit AES encryption, they also allow you to have your own encryption key for unmatched security. IBackup also monitors their servers 24/7 by utilizing what IBackup calls their “Sophisticated Software Tools.”
IBackup takes their security a step further by using RAID-protected devices that are redundantly backed up, plus IBackup uses custom facilities that are HVAC temperature controlled with server racks and raised floors that are designed to deal with seismic activity. Sweet, right? The extra security may explain for the high prices.
IBackup: Customer Support
IBackup offers an adequate customer service solution, offering the ability to contact them via phone, email or online chat. They do not offer a knowledge base, a community form or even tutorials. So you must rely on their customer service for help. The service is prompt, but often times it is quicker finding the solution yourself.
Their software is pretty easy-to-use due to their setup wizard. You can easily setup a backup schedule, restore from a backup and sync from their software. If you are comfortable using Microsoft products you will find that learning how to use IBackup’s software will be easy-to-do.
IBackup offers great security and great business features however they are the most expensive backup provider we have reviewed. Their customer service is also lacking as you have to completely rely upon them for answers. IBackup also does not offer a mobile phone service. Even a basic one would really help these guys out, but not having one? That hurts their rankings a lot.
If you take advantage of their promo their product is worth checking out. But IBackup does not offer a free account or even a free-trial so you cannot give them a test trial. You will have to do more homework than other providers to see if they are right for you.